Monday, August 20, 2012

25 Years


Have you ever been doing something rather inane and then had an epiphany? For example, you could be eating a bowl of cereal and you are hit with a brilliant idea for an invention. (Like a spoon that won't dribble milk down the front of your shirt. Or a spoon that has a nail file on the handle so you can file your nails while eating cereal.) Well, I usually have these kinds of epiphanies but they're never about brilliant ideas. They're generally keen realizations of the obvious. Today, I had one of these realizations in the shower. I was just shampooing my hair and I suddenly realized that Odyssey has been around for 25 years. 



There was a lot of buildup for the 25th birthday bash but the number 25 just flew over my head. I bet a lot of people don't realize how long 25 years is. Let me put it into some perspective. In 1987, Dirty Dancing was released that year, Michael Jackson released his album Bad (and he was still Black), Ronald Reagan was President, and the fashion trends were horrendous. 

I doubt normal people dressed like this but you get my point


It's obvious that trends, music, and society have changed since 1987 but something that has remained the same is Odyssey. Adventures in Odyssey is quality entertainment that always has a Christian message. It's helped me grow in my faith throughout the past few years. I loved listening to the episodes when I was 10 years old and I continue to love it. 

On blogs and message boards, we're always talking about the things we don't like about the show and what the writers are doing wrong. I just wanted to take a moment and appreciate all the things that they've done right. 




4 comments:

  1. That was a very good post, Victoria. Next time I post on my site, I'll say you have a new post out. Thanks for putting links up, including mine. Also, about message boards. If you would like to try one, have you thought about Campbell County? It's an awesome place with a lot of people from different fan sites. The site has some unique features, and it would be a good place to get the word out about your site. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judge! (You make my day with your comments.)

      I'll make sure to check out CC. By the way, I really like your blog. (I swear I'm not trying to kiss up) It's great. Thanks for everything!

      Delete
    2. Don't worry, I know you're not trying to kiss up. Anyway, when will your next post be out? (Just in case you're wondering when mine will be, I now do a weekly summary of all the news that's happened on Sundays.) Also, I really think you should join Campbell County. We could talk about your site on there (and others!) without racking up billions of comments on here. The link is http://ccmb.forum-motion.com/ . Also, if you would like a logo for your site, I know a guy that could help.

      So, will you join the County?

      Delete
    3. I just finished writing my latest post. I just have to proofread it and do a bit of formatting. It'll be up within the hour. And I think I will join the County!

      Delete