Saturday, September 8, 2012

Adventures in Odyssey on iTunes


A few years ago, you could buy episodes of AIO on iTunes. I didn't find this out for a while but when I did, I was very happy and managed to horde some money away and buy some episodes. (This was a few years ago so I'm not sure where I got this money from...) I bought 33 episodes. This may seem like a large number but I quickly listened to all the episodes. Then, one day, all the episodes disappeared off the store. (Mind you, not the episodes I bought but all the ones on the store)



Then, about a month ago, I read that Odyssey was coming back to iTunes. I've been keeping a close watch on iTunes and checking regularly. They're now back on! 



Oh wait...the episodes are only available in album form. This means you can't buy individual episodes. 

Come on!


If I was gonna buy a whole album, I'd buy a hard copy at my local Christian book store! The reason why I was so excited about AIO coming back to iTunes was the thought of buying individual episodes. I'm mad! I have money in my iTunes account that is begging to be spent and I don't have any Odyssey to spend it on! Odyssey is on the top of my list of stuff to buy on iTunes but I want to buy other stuff! Dang it, Focus! Now I have a predicament. 

My one hope is that the episodes are eventually gonna be individualized. You can buy the episodes from album 1 individually so maybe the rest of the albums will follow suit.  I don't see why they wouldn't. I'd be economically wise for Focus to do so because I think people are more likely to buy a few episodes rather than a whole album. I'm gonna keep my money in reserve and see what happens. Hopefully, we will eventually be able to buy the single episodes. 

3 comments:

  1. Loving the memes! Look at the bright side; at least the bonus features are sold individually, because starting on Album 56, bonus features will only be available via digital download. So now, you can get the hard copy and still the bonus feature for a buck instead of paying $18 for the digital version of the copy you already brought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I honestly don't completely sympathize with your predicament. What's the point of buying individual episodes when you're not willing to buy the whole album? You say you can't get Odyssey on iTunes. But you can! The rest of the episodes in the album will be just as great as the individual ones you buy! But that's just what I think. Anyway, great post! The moving pictures made me laugh! :) I look forward to your next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Alex, what if there's one great two parter in an album but the rest of the episodes are mediocre?! Come on, let's not kid ourselves. Not all episodes are great and I have limited funds. I only spend my money on stuff of the HIGHEST quality. Sorry, but that's the poor, cheap type of person I am.

      By the way, I just checked iTunes again and there's more individual episodes! I figured that there'd be more released. I just wanted to rant.

      Delete