Monday, March 5, 2012

Why The Live Show Would Kill Me

 For those of you who haven't heard the advertisements online, Odyssey is 25 years old! (Man, it's older than me.) To celebrate the occasion, they are having a birthday "bash". It's pretty much a convention where you meet the actors, get autographs, buy merchandise, and watch a live show. As cool as a live performance would be, I have absolutely NO desire to go. Let me explain.

The whole thing sounds like Comic-Con or a Star Trek Convention. Ick. Now, don't get me wrong, it's not like those things are below me or anything. I consider myself to be a total nerd! I've been known to watch some anime, I like super hero movies, Dr. Who, the TV show Fringe, 24, and I think Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog is the greatest thing to ever come off the Internet. The reason that I hate conventions is that I'd like to keep the delusion of thinking that something was made specifically for me. Yeah yeah, I know that Joss Whedon didn't sit down and go "Hmm. There's this cool teenage girl in the Midwest and she'd love a musical webisode about a quirky villain. Let me just get right on that."


He probably does have some freaky superpowers but I doubt he has a direct telepathic line to my brain

Since Odyssey is my number one obsession, logic tells me that I should stay the heck away from any conventions involving it. It might psychologically damage me to see other devoted fans. Speaking of seeing other things...

Am I the only one who hates seeing drawing of the characters or pictures of the actors? I cringe whenever I take out one of my albums to listen to a CD because I have to look at the album artwork! You see, I have a mental picture of what the characters of look like based on their voices and no drawing could compete with that. For example, my mental image of Jason kinda looks like Marlon Brando.  

                                                        

This is the closest picture I could find to my mental image.

Also, do you know how freaking weird it would be if I was talking to someone like Katie Leigh in person? She's supposed to be 20 on the show and in reality, she's like my mom's age. :/ Talk about even more psychological damage. 

Though, a live show would be amazing for the same reason that I think Billy Joel and Sam Cooke were better live. When the talent is phenomenal, live performances are great. They are unique. I'd love to hear a live performance if Odyssey. I'd just have to wear a blindfold and that would just get me strange looks. (But hey, I wouldn't be able to see 'em! Haha!) 

Maybe I'm just weird but this is why I won't be at the live show. To those who are going, I hope you guys have the best time! Get as many autographs as possible. ^.^ 


No comments:

Post a Comment